Looking for the best shampoo head lice treatments?
Here are the top 6 shampoos we’ve found for getting rid of your nits and lice problem!
We strongly advise that you use these in addition to a good head lice comb.
If your school has had a headlice outbreak, and you’re worried about eggs in your child’s hair, worry no more; these shampoos will kill the eggs and let you quickly get back in control.
Compare the washable treatment options in the table below, or scroll down to see individual details.
- No pesticides
- Application time: 15 minutes with no drops required
- Tested clinically to get rid of lice and dissolve their glue
- Also works well as a combing lotion
Clearlice Natural Treatment
- No Pesticides
- One-day treatment
- Completely natural formula
- Registered with the FDA
Natural & FDA Registered
NIX Permethrin Lice Treatment Family Pack
- Permethrin – effective lice killer
- Only prescription medication
- Effective with one application
- Maximum strength
- The first treatment for getting rid of lice
- No traces of chemical process left behind
- 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner
- Most effective when combined with RID comb
No Chemical Residue
Vamousse Head Lice Protection Shampoo
- Non-toxic and completely safe
- Regular shampoo replacement
- Gentle enough for use on a daily basis
- Effective head lice prevention
Daily Use, Non-Toxic
Lice Trap Foam Lice/Nit Remover
- Pesticide-free and non-toxic
- Mousse contains naturally-occurring enzymes
- Dissolves nit glue, removing eggs from hair
- 99% effective when used as instructed